tabs

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Thing 8: Google Calendar & Thing 9: Evernote

I just spent the best part of an hour trying to embed Google Calendar into my blog so I could have a play around with it that way but the task proved too much for me and I kept getting a message that the code I was continuously trying to paste in contained illegal characters [what a cheek]. So much for a time saving gadget! I will try again of course as I was obviously doing something wrong and I certainly do need to start using an electronic web based calendar. However, for the time being I’ll carry on using my tried and trusted combination of Microsoft Outlook Calendar and old faithful hard copy desk diary. I’ve always carried a diary and kept pretty calendars in relevant places as the very act of writing in dates helps me on the road to remembering them.

I’ve had a little more luck with Evernote to which I gamely downloaded and signed up to this very evening. I started by using my own blog to save links, notes and images and it seems to have worked okay. On the negative side, I find the general template of Evernote rather complicated and I think it’s going to take a bit of getting used to but I will persevere. I love what the concept promises but I’ll need to learn how to use it properly; and in order to do that I must put the time in. Having a little trouble doing that lately… 

No comments:

Post a Comment